Position Posted: 30 April 2019
We are looking to hire a strong accounting professional for our Heber Springs office. This would be an individual who is ready to turn a job into a career. Bachelor's degree in accounting or a significant amount of experience in lieu of an actual degree.
The top-rated qualities that we know make an individual successful in this role:
- Attention To Detail
- Inquisitive and Analytical Mind
- Coachable and Willing to Learn
- Ability to Multitask
Solid technical experience with multiple applications: Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, and other accounting accounts payable/receivable software knowledge are desired. Experience with Tax is a HUGE plus!
- A strong accounting background
- Experience with multiple applications: Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, QuickBooks ProAdvisor and other accounting accounts payable/receivable software knowledge is desired. Creative
- Solutions Accounting system knowledge is a big plus; anything else would be a bonus
- Ability to multi-task, handle multiple clients and their expectations
- Responsible for handling the fundamental aspects of a client's financial recordkeeping, including recording financial transactions, managing accounts payable and receivable, reconciling bank statements, and completing annual tax forms.
- Prepare financial statements and reports, including the profit and loss statement and balance sheet. Assist with budget preparations.
- Code payables for accounts payable clerks to input. Generate 1099's and W-2's.
- Prepare appropriate schedules and reports as requested by clients and partners
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system by inputting data; scheduling required jobs; verifying data.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Staff Accountant Skills and Qualifications:
Accounting, SFAS Rules, Reporting Skills, Deadline-Oriented, Time Management, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, PC Proficiency, Productivity, Verbal Communication, General Math Skills
We offer a competitive salary and bonus structure based on the level of experience as well as a full benefits package. We have three offices within the state of Arkansas and are members of the Allinial Global association of accounting firms which allows us to benchmark ourselves nationally as well as ongoing top-notch CPE education.
- Full Time
- 3+ Years' Experience
- Bachelor's Degree