Senior and Staff Auditor - Jonesboro, AR
Position Posted: 01 August 2018
The rules of the Certified Public Accounting firm environment, career diversity and advancement have changed. Is your current employer listening? Raising the bar is areas of technology, flexible work lifestyle, training and career path is a must. At EGP, hiring people who are very technically proficient is important but also what is needed in today's world are creative and well rounded consultive-minded individuals. Skills that set you apart in our unique culture makes all the difference between a job versus a career. Contact us to hear more about our story and to share yours as well.
Holly Fish, Director of Human Resources and Firm Marketing
Summary of Responsibilities
- Self-motivated individual that takes ownership of assignments and can perform work assigned with minimal assistance.
- Assume responsibility for efficiently supervising audit, review and agreed-upon procedures.
- Make fundamental decisions on accounting and auditing matters. When problems arise, elevate them timely for the manager or partner and suggest solutions/actions.
- Set up time budgets on jobs previously performed and lead staff accountants to employ methods that will accomplish objectives timely.
- Develop advanced knowledge and understanding of GAAP, OCBOA, and financial statement presentations.
- Develop an advanced understanding of GAAS and common audit procedures and techniques.
- Be able to resolve open items and issues encountered on assigned engagements.
- Possess technical knowledge sufficient to supervise staff accountants.
- Assist in identification and research of complex technical issues/problems and potential solutions.
- Create a sense of team identity and a feeling of support within teams.
- Promote cooperation within and across client service and engagement teams and work toward firm goals.
- Clearly communicate technical issues to clients and staff.
- Tailor content and style of written communication to the needs and expectations of the audience.
- Seek new and challenging engagement assignments, including leadership opportunities within the firm and client service teams.
- Understand the operations, processes, and other aspects of client businesses, including significant tax and accounting issues.
- Establish professional credibility with clients.
- Supervise staff accountants or interns, instruct them in work to be performed, review the work done, and direct necessary revisions.
- Appropriately prioritize multiple engagements, client assignments, and work demands.
- Address issues and unexpected problems quickly and effectively.
- Accept accountability and meet personal commitments.
- Establish high-performance standards, and encourage others to follow.
- Prepare engagement letter and any subsequent modifications for approval by engagement owner; ensure engagement letter is signed by the client and returned before the start of the engagement.
- Plan engagements in advance and effectively supervise and review engagements.
- Consistently coordinate the accurate, timely, efficient completion of engagements that follow firm and professional standards and meet client needs.
- Use technology and practice aids appropriately to gain maximum efficiency in delivering the finished product in a timely manner.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and additional services to be provided.
- Supervise, develop, and provide training to less experienced staff resulting in their improved performance.
- Provide timely, relevant, and effective feedback to co-workers and provide performance evaluations as requested.
- Informally serve as a mentor where appropriate, and achieve positive results.
- Actively seek delegation opportunities to achieve job efficiencies and provide learning experiences for audit staff.
- Actively participate in firm’s recruiting efforts.
- Actively use contacts to attract quality, experienced staff to the firm.
- Reinforce firm philosophies with staff at lower levels.
- Know the products and services of the firm and effectively communicate them.
- Identify service opportunities with existing clients.
- Develop strong, positive relationships with client personnel with whom he/she interacts resulting in positioning the firm for client referrals.
- Participate in community and professional activities.
- Embrace the firm’s initiatives to leverage work to achieve or exceed the firm’s standards for realization.
- Proactively notify the partner or manager of engagement timeline pressures and suggest solutions.
- Enable higher-level engagement team members to leverage their involvement in the engagement through effective engagement supervision, depth of expertise, and delegation.