Position Posted: 01 August 2018
‘Audit’ Be the Right Team! We're hiring a Senior Auditor!
We know you have a choice and a voice, be sure to use both when picking the right firm and culture fit for your next career move.
EGP Certified Public Accountants is a solid, well-established firm of over 30 years, now 4 locations and growing. We are currently looking to add a Senior Auditor to our team of professionals.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Self-motivated individual that takes ownership of assignments and can perform work assigned with minimal assistance.
- Assume responsibility for efficiently supervising audit, review and agreed-upon procedures.
- Make fundamental decisions on accounting and auditing matters. When problems arise, elevate them timely for the manager or partner and suggest solutions/actions.
- Set up time budgets on jobs previously performed and lead staff accountants to employ methods that will accomplish objectives timely.
- Develop advanced knowledge and understanding of GAAP, OCBOA, and financial statement presentations.
- Develop an advanced understanding of GAAS and common audit procedures and techniques.
- Be able to resolve open items and issues encountered on assigned engagements.
- Possess technical knowledge sufficient to supervise staff accountants.
- Assist in identification and research of complex technical issues/problems and potential solutions.
- Create a sense of team identity and a feeling of support within teams.
- Promote cooperation within and across client service and engagement teams and work toward firm goals.
- Clearly communicate technical issues to clients and staff.
- Tailor content and style of written communication to the needs and expectations of the audience.
- Seek new and challenging engagement assignments, including leadership opportunities within the firm and client service teams.
- Understand the operations, processes, and other aspects of client businesses, including significant tax and accounting issues.
- Establish professional credibility with clients.
- Supervise staff accountants or interns, instruct them in work to be performed, review the work done, and direct necessary revisions.
- Appropriately prioritize multiple engagements, client assignments, and work demands.
- Address issues and unexpected problems quickly and effectively.
- Accept accountability and meet personal commitments.
- Establish high-performance standards, and encourage others to follow.
- Prepare engagement letter and any subsequent modifications for approval by engagement owner; ensure engagement letter is signed by the client and returned before the start of the engagement.
- Plan engagements in advance and effectively supervise and review engagements.
- Consistently coordinate the accurate, timely, efficient completion of engagements that follow firm and professional standards and meet client needs.
- Use technology and practice aids appropriately to gain maximum efficiency in delivering the finished product in a timely manner.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and additional services to be provided.
- Supervise, develop, and provide training to less experienced staff resulting in their improved performance.
- Provide timely, relevant, and effective feedback to co-workers and provide performance evaluations as requested.
- Informally serve as a mentor where appropriate, and achieve positive results.
- Actively seek delegation opportunities to achieve job efficiencies and provide learning experiences for audit staff.
- Actively participate in firm’s recruiting efforts.
- Actively use contacts to attract quality, experienced staff to the firm.
- Reinforce firm philosophies with staff at lower levels.
- Know the products and services of the firm and effectively communicate them.
- Identify service opportunities with existing clients.
- Develop strong, positive relationships with client personnel with whom he/she interacts resulting in positioning the firm for client referrals.
- Participate in community and professional activities.
- Embrace the firm’s initiatives to leverage work to achieve or exceed the firm’s standards for realization.
- Proactively notify the partner or manager of engagement timeline pressures and suggest solutions.
- Enable higher-level engagement team members to leverage their involvement in the engagement through effective engagement supervision, depth of expertise, and delegation.
The Following Skills are Preferred
The Right Candidate:
- Self-motivated who takes ownership of assignments and assume responsibility for efficiency
- Set time budgets in jobs, problem solves with clients and team members and employs methods that accomplish objectives timely
- Assist in identification and research of complex technical issues and potential solutions