Senior Tax Accountant
The war in the game of talent is no doubt in play; the ball is in your court to know the type of firm and culture you want to be associated with.
The rules of the Certified Public Accounting firm environment, career diversity and advancement have changed. Is your current employer listening? One of EGP's written mottos is to lead with humor, it is a prerequisite in our accounting "club" culture and we believe it is a must for a dynamic and ever changing industry. Contact us to hear more about our story and to share yours as well.
Holly Fish, Director of Human Resources and Firm Marketing
Summary of Responsibilities
- Prepare more complex individual tax returns and a variety of more complex business tax returns in an accurate and timely manner.
- Make fundamental decisions relating to tax return preparation matters. When issues arise, outline them for the manager or partner on the engagement and suggest solutions/actions.
- Develop advanced knowledge and understanding of applicable federal, state and local tax laws, regulations and rules.
- Develop advanced capabilities in performing tax accounting functions required on business tax engagements.
- Be able to resolve open items and issues encountered on assigned engagements.
- Assist in identification and research of complex technical issues/problems and potential solutions
- Clearly communicate technical issues to clients and staff.
- Tailor content and style of written communication to the needs and expectations of the audience.
- Understand the operations, processes, and other aspects of client businesses, including significant tax and accounting issues.
- Establish professional credibility with clients.
- Appropriately prioritize multiple engagements, client assignments, and work demands.
- Address issues and unexpected problems quickly and effectively.
- Accept accountability and meet personal commitments.
- Plan engagements in advance and effectively supervise and review engagements.
- Use technology and practice aids appropriately to gain maximum efficiency in delivering the finished product in a timely manner.
- Provide timely, relevant, and effective feedback to co-workers and provide performance evaluations as requested.
- Proactively notify the partner or manager of engagement timeline pressures and suggest solutions.